Sunday, 2 June 2013

After May

Time for an Operation Nanna update!

On Saturday, a bunch of lovely ladies braved the pouring rain to meet at the Wodonga Plant Farm Cafe. Honestly, I was expecting just my mother and grandmother to rock up - but I was overjoyed to have the table I booked require more chairs!

We spent a little while catching up - introductions were made and discussions were had about potential future venues, how Operation Nanna works and how it may look in the future.

Then the yarn came out. 

I was delighted to watch people being taught how to crochet and check out some of the creations people were working on. I absolutely love seeing people connecting - especially a group who otherwise wouldn't have reason to meet.

So, here is where we are after May:

40 items to donate - including scarves, beanies, blankets and gloves.
+ a much appreciated cash donation.

All going to The Carevan Foundation.

I am seriously impressed!! Thank you to those who have contributed, and those that are a part of the group who are working on warm creations. Thank you to the ladies who attended on Saturday - it was a pleasure to see you there.

Stay tuned for the date of our next meet up - happening late June.

In the meantime - take care of yourselves, stay in touch on our Facebook page, and happy yarn-ing!

(one last thing: it's never too late to join! If you can knit or crochet, or want to learn, get in touch! We have people who can teach and a stash of yarn to share. It's a fantastic opportunity to meet new people, get involved in a community and really contribute to something.)



No comments:

Post a Comment