Saturday, 23 February 2013

Why Disastrous

Disastrous: 1. Causing a lot of damage or harm.
                2. Very unsuccessful.

Now, before we jump to conclusions: no. This blog is not going to be an ever-lasting tirade announcing my short comings and failures. 

Actually, I find the term "disastrous" almost endearing when relating it to my life.

I am constantly attempting to "start over" or, really, tackle life from a different angle. I want to be more organised. More connected to people, form better relationships. I want to be the perfect wife, parent, student, daughter, sister, friend. 
Crazily enough, it never works out.

I finally came to the realisation that I am never, ever going to meet my own expectations of myself. That really, every day is one disastrous attempt after another to reach those unrealistic goals. 

And so, I'm happy to relate myself and my life to being disastrous. Nothing ever really works out as I planned, and that's what makes it wonderful. 

In fact, I'm fairly certain my attempt at blogging itself is going to be disastrous. Doesn't that tie things up nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment