Monday, 22 April 2013

My Monster

Four years ago I was given one of the greatest blessings I will ever receive.


I'm not really one for seriously sentimental, over-sharing blogging. But today, I might make an exception. Perhaps it's the pregnancy hormones, but I'm feeling quite moved.

Before Boo came along, life was looking very different. I'm not going to go into huge detail, but long story short: I was a mess. Every day was dictated by mental illness, and I honestly could not say where I was headed.
Of course, there were huge doubts about my coping abilities - and I would never, ever recommend parenting as a form of therapy for young people. 

But from the time I discovered I was pregnant, things started to turn around. Nothing has ever been perfect, and nothing ever will be. But I found life again.

Life wrapped up in this little bundle of crazy.





She is crazy and fiery and full of attitude. 
She's loving and thoughtful and compassionate.
She is cheek and laughter and silly.
She is dancing and colour and mess.

In four years, she has taught me so much. 
Patience. Joy. How to love. The importance of family. Letting go. Enjoying simple things. Laughter. How much I can actually do - how far I can go - if I just try.

Don't get me wrong - she drives me absolutely insane. There is no way we have a perfect mother-daughter relationship (because that doesn't exist).

But despite that, I am so thankful to have this little monster.
She's the spark in my world, that little added colour. 
Life would never have turned out so wonderful without her.


Happy Birthday, Miss Boo.
I love you.



No comments:

Post a Comment