Monday, 29 April 2013

Hey Mum - I Get It Now

Mother's Day is just around the corner. It's not something that is heavily celebrated in my family; really, being appreciative of your mother is something that should probably be displayed daily.

I started composing a little list in my mind this morning. In the same vein as mothers day, I'd like to dedicate it to my mother.

Stuff That Drives Me Crazy (That I Just Realised My Mother Probably Had To Put Up With Too)

  1. Being yelled at from the other end of the house. 
  2. Having to share my shower.
  3. Being yelled at from the other end of the house on the rare occasion I do get to shower on my own.
  4. Planning something you're so sure your child will enjoy, and on that particular day they show no interest in the activity at all.
  5. Answering the same question fifty billion times in five minutes.
  6. Answering the same question fifty billion times all over again ten minutes later.
  7. The child enjoying food prepared one way, but detesting it another. i.e. corn on the cob vs loose. Potatoes cut up to look like chips vs. potato any other way.
  8. Having to look after everyone in the house when they're sick. But when I am sick, a) there is no one to look after me and b) I still have to look after everyone else.
  9. My child choosing to ask for something to eat every time I go to the bathroom. Seriously kid, I'm trying to pee.
  10. Stalling at bed time.
  11. Procrastinating in the morning over getting ready, when the child knows that after they get ready, they can have/do something they want.
  12. The fact that we are so very particular about how certain things have to be, yet we are incapable of tidying up our playthings.
  13. The fact that 99% of my "coffee dates" with friends now end up in a toy department so we can finish our conversation.
  14. Being out of routine means the world is close to ending.
  15. The fact that I actually spend my spare time thinking these lists up.

So, thanks mum for putting up with this nonsense from my siblings and I. 
I get it now, we really were pains in the butt.

No comments:

Post a Comment