[ EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST. ]
North-East Victoria, how chilly is it lately?! This time of year always makes me a little sad. Not because the days are shorter or it's gloomy out. I find myself shivering on the couch, thinking about those who are out on the streets this time of year. I have blankets and a gas heater I can flick on whenever I want, and yet I still complain about the cold. How silly is that?
A little while ago, when I was trying to give up smoking, my mother taught me to crochet. Lately it's become a bit of an obsession. I'm on something like my fourth blanket. I have no need for any crochet goods right now, and I'm not talented enough to do anything more than create blankets for the time being. So I thought I'd make them purely for the sake of donating to organisations who help those in need.
Then, I got thinking. I can only crochet so many warm creations myself. How fantastic would it be if more people got together, and we were able to make a decent donation? If ten people gave a blanket, that's ten blankets (or hats. or anything else for that matter). People are funny with giving money away (which is their right), but this is a practical way to give a little. I was thinking to an organisation like Albury Wodonga's Carevan, but I'd be open to suggestions of other local charities.
We could even make a social occasion out of this. I am always up for a latte and a chat.
I know of a few who are talented with yarn, so let me know if you're interested. I'll still be spending my evenings going 'round in squares making blankets regardless.
Have a splendid evening x

No comments:
Post a Comment